Preamp Coming Home!

Discussion in 'Audio Gear' started by Carbonman, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Carbonman

Carbonman AGC Regular

Aug 27, 2016
    Vancouver BC
    I called the service center this afternoon and the tone control board arrived on Friday! The tech has installed it and will have testing complete soon. It may be ready for pickup Friday, Monday for sure.
    I can hardly wait. The stereo has been packed up and out of commission for 2 months. The rack has been loaded in the new place for 2 weeks and I'm ready to Deoxit the hell out of everything and connect it all up. I think a little Jeff Beck Performing This Week: Live at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club will be the test CD for my sound check. The neighbors won't know what hit 'em. :dance::dance2::dance3::dance4:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Aug 27, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI
    2 months without the system?

Or did you have a backup pre-amp?

Have fun!

3. Carbonman

Carbonman AGC Regular

Aug 27, 2016
    Vancouver BC
    No backup - we moved a couple of weeks after I took it in, so there was lots to occupy us. The stereo took the better part of a day to pack (the amp's a 2-man job) and then there was all the software to box up. Plus 4 bookcases, files, binders, tools, computers etc. etc.
    I've been twitching for about 2-3 weeks and am excited to be able to listen to music again on a 'real' stereo. I may have to buy some acoustic treatment because of the floor to ceiling glazing. When the system's back in action I'll post some photos of the gear and the room.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Carbonman

Carbonman AGC Regular

Aug 27, 2016
    Vancouver BC
    Arrgh! The preamp was supposed to be ready last Friday or on Monday. The new tone control board has been installed but the tech has been swamped with incoming repair assessments. He's going to try and finish testing this afternoon. Sigh.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Aug 27, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI
    "The Waiting is the Hardest Part"

6. Carbonman

Carbonman AGC Regular

Aug 27, 2016
    Vancouver BC
    Picked it up yesterday, unboxed it and put it back on its shelf in my stand. It will probably be Saturday before I get everything hooked up. :(